The night before Thanksgiving we went to Morton’s Arboretum in Lisle, IL for the annual Illuminations display. Here is the promo info from their website: http://www.mortonarb.org/events/illumination-tree-lights-morton-arboretum
“From November 20, 2015 through January 2, 2016, The Morton Arboretum glows with dazzling LED lights and trees that respond to your touch and voice, as Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum returns for a third year.
See trees in a different light.
- Stroll over a mile of innovative lights and projections.
- Hug or sing to trees, and they respond.
- Enjoy new music from the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- More music, motion, and magic fill the winter woods!
- Create memories your family will cherish for years.
- Share the perfect holiday date night.”
It was all this and more. Walking in the crisp night air seeing thousands of lights and interacting with them was a delight for children and adults.
Words cannot describe the beauty, so I’ve added a few pictures. If you are in the Chicago area, I encourage you to see this display during the Holidays.
Our youngest son and daughter-in-law enjoyed the lights that changed color when you talked or sang to them.
These color changing orbs created an alien landscape. One of my favorites!
Trees transformed by light into works of art.