It has been busy couple of weeks. I finished the last two baby blankets while on a weekend trip to see my FIL. It was a great way to make the 18 hours in the car fly by. I love the colors Donita picked. They turned out great. I love the easy shell pattern. It is free and you can find it here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shells-baby-afghan.
I also finished 25 pumpkin hats for the NICU unit. I used http://byjennidesigns.blogspot.com/2015/09/newbornpumpkinhat.html by Jenni Designs. They worked up really quick and turned out cute.
I have a new project OTN, but it was just started on break today. I do like the way it is working up, so hopefully next week it will be close to completion if not done.
I have a few Christmas projects I need to work on, but those won’t be blogged about until after the holidays.
There is a bit of sewing that needs to be completed before Christmas also. The hubby made an adorable bunk bed for my cousin’s little girl for Christmas. I have the fabric for the mattresses, pillows and blankets in her favorite color (purple). As soon as the weather gets a bit chillier I’ll get moving on the doll bedding as well as the flannel shirt I make for my FIL each year. In the meantime, here is a pic of the doll bed. I downloaded the pattern from Ana White Designs. (http://ana-white.com/2011/08/doll-bunk-beds-american-girl-doll-and-18-doll).
Lastly the Touchdown scarf has been frogged. It was turning out just fine, but I realized it just wasn’t my style. And the yarn was wonderful and not exactly cheap. So it has been frogged and will be used on a project that someone will actually use. Sometimes I just need to accept that a good pattern that is working up as it is supposed to just might not be the right project for me.
Why 2×2 you ask? Is it a piece of wood I am referring to? Or perhaps one of those breakfasts they offer at our local dinner – 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 pieces of toast & 2 sausage links? *Sidebar* it should be a 2x2x2x2, but who am I to correct the menu for them & it works.
Anyway, the 2×2 I am referring to is 2 weeks and 2 days late for WIP Wednesday. Life has gotten in the way of blogging these last few weeks, so I figured better late than never.
I’ll keep this short and sweet.
- Scarf for my cousin is complete. I have enough yarn to make a smaller version for my tiniest cousin (first cousin once removed, but let’s not quibble – remember the 2×2 above). I may take that on vacation with me, it would be a great project for the ride to Florida.
- The lavender baby blanket is complete. I took it to work this morning and neglected to take a picture first. In my own defense, I didn’t finish it until almost 10 last night and forgot this morning when I left at 6:00.
- I had to miss the Knitting Group last week, so nothing to report there. I did get the pink bear hat done for the NICU nurse’s baby as well as another two – one complete and one ready to sew together when I go to the next Knitting Group.
- I am joining a KAL that Wool & Co ( http://www.woolandcompany.com/ ) has on their website for the football season. It looks fun. Check out the details by pasting the link above in your browser or right click on it and choose “go to”.
- Since I got the 2 projects done that I promised myself I’d do before starting anything else, I am going to start those socks that I have been dying to start since buying the fabulous yarn at the Chicago Yarn Crawl a few weekends ago. Just as soon as I catch up on book reviews 🙂 I’ve finished 2 great books in the last 2 weeks, but haven’t had a chance to review them yet. This weekend for sure.
- Last but not least I am making more bear hats. No surprises there, they are my go-to quick take to work projects for break time.
The only pic of the last few projects is apparently the one of the scarf. I dunno why I didn’t snap a few of the others. Because we all know that a whole bunch of words and no pictures make for a boring blog, I’ve included one of my favorites from the knitting calendar that Leslie gave me for Christmas last year. 🙂
This has been a busy week in my world. I started the baby blanket I’m making for a friend at work and have made great progress on the scarf I’ve been working on. Check ’em out
I love the orchid baby blanket, it has been a long time since I’ve used this color and it is a nice change from blue or pink.
And my find of the week is a local yarn shop with in *GASP* walking distance of our house! I picked up a beautiful hank of tonal red yarn that I am going use to make a pair of socks. I got a really cute pattern that they were giving out at the LYS for the Yarn Crawl. If I can figure out a plan, I hope to visit more shops on Saturday since the Yarn Crawl will still be going on . I know I don’t need any more yarn. But I do have a VISA gift card that I’ve been saving since Christmas that is meant to be used on some kind of fabulous fiber.
That is my story and I’m sticking to it. 🙂
This week I hope to finish the scarf and get the blanket 1/2 done. A NICU hat needs to be completed before next Thursday as that is the next meeting of our knitting group. If it accomplish those 3 goals, I am going to cast on the socks.
Nothing like having lots of WIP to keep me busy. 🙂
This week has been hotter than hot with a smattering of thunderstorms to keep us on our toes. I am so thankful to have air conditioning in the house, car and work. So I really don’t have any excuses not to knit. Especially when working on a small project.
The scarf I am making for Christmas is coming along really well. It is a simple feather & fan pattern, so I don’t have to think about what I am doing except on the lace row. That makes it perfect for knitting on break at work as well as in the evenings while watching the Cubs on TV.
Until the blocking is done, it is hard to see the lace, so I pulled it out on the needles to help a bit. The rows of yarn that look white are the UV color change fiber that will turn purple in the sunlight. So it will be a fun scarf to wear, sometimes pink, purple and white, sometimes pink and purple. The variegated yarn also has a bit of glitter so there is a lot going on. That is why I wanted a simple pattern.
Other than the scarf, I haven’t started or finished anything this week. I got the yarn for a baby blanket for a friend of mine as well as some Bernat Pipsqueak to make more NICU hats. The nurse that takes them in said right now they have 25 babies in the unit. I need to knit faster!!
Until next week, keep cool and knit on. 🙂